Academy Awards set 2023 Oscars for March 12
NEW YORK (AP) — Next year’s Academy Awards will take place March 12, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences announced Friday.
The date for the 95th Academy Awards moves the show up slightly from this year, when they where held unusually late on March 27, partly due to the February Olympics. But it will also leave in place a stretched-out awards season that some have argued saps the Oscars of drama.
The 94th Academy Awards didn’t lack for that, albeit not in the way the film academy intended. On a night that saw Apple TV+’s “CODA” become the first film with a largely deaf cast and the first film from a streaming service to win best picture, the infamous slap by Will Smith of presenter Chris Rock overshadowed the awards.
Smith has since resigned from the academy, which banned the actor 10 years from attending the Oscars.
ABC will again broadcast next year’s ceremony.
This story has been corrected to reflect the Oscars will be held on March 12, not March 13.
- Stephen Colbert explains the latest dating apps like Snack and Schmoo…
- Michelle Yeoh Wows in Gorgeous Green Ensemble For Met Gala 2022
- Daniel Sherrell reads excerpts from his book Warmth ‹ Literary Hub
- The Samsung Odyssey G9 ultrawide monitor will change your gaming expe…
- 'Derry Girls' is ending, but its legacy will live on
- What We Know About Long Covid So Far
- ‘Everybody Should Be Concerned’ About Monkeypox, Biden Warns
- Several Jif Peanut Butter Products Recalled Over Potential Salmonella
- Claim: How a Cognitive Bias is Blocking the Rise of Electric Cars
- Relax, HortiDaily, Climate Change Is Not ‘Taking Its Toll’ on Spain’s…