Norm Macdonald Filmed A Secret Final Stand-Up Special For Netflix Before His Death
One final Norm Macdonald comedy special is coming to Netflix.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the late comedian filmed a secret special just before his passing in September 2021.
Click inside to read more…
Norm, who was 61 when he died this past fall from cancer, privately filmed the special within his home for Netflix.
Lori Jo Hoekstra, his’s longtime producing partner, spoke to THR about how Norm taped the special, saying, “His test results were not good, so during the heart of COVID-19 pandemic and literally the night before going in for a procedure, he wanted to get this on tape just in case — as he put it — things went south. It was his intention to have a special to share if something happened.”
According to her, Norm filmed the entire thing from his living room.
“He ended up getting sicker last August and September, and he remembered he had shot this and asked me to find it so he could watch it,” she added. “He ended up watching it before he passed away.”
Called Norm Macdonald: Nothing Special‚ it will make its debut on Netflix on May 30, and will also feature clips of Adam Sandler, Conan O’Brien, Dave Chappelle, David Letterman, David Spade and Molly Shannon discussing Norm during the recent Netflix Is a Joke Fest.
- Stephen Colbert explains the latest dating apps like Snack and Schmoo…
- Michelle Yeoh Wows in Gorgeous Green Ensemble For Met Gala 2022
- Daniel Sherrell reads excerpts from his book Warmth ‹ Literary Hub
- The Samsung Odyssey G9 ultrawide monitor will change your gaming expe…
- 'Derry Girls' is ending, but its legacy will live on
- Colin Cantwell, Star Wars designer behind the X-Wing and Death Star, …
- What, if any, are the evolutionary purpose of toenails?
- Cleo’s world was darkened by depression. Reconnecting brought back so…
- More monkeypox cases detected in UK ‘on daily basis’, says scientist
- What We Know About Long Covid So Far