Some of the <i>Bridgerton</i> costumes had more meaning than I thought.
30 Costume Details From TV Shows That Can’t Be Ignored Once You Know About Them
We asked people of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us what clever costume details they noticed on TV shows. Here are some of their eye-opening responses:
🚨Warning: Spoilers ahead!🚨
1. All of Janet’s outfits on The Good Place were inspired by 1970s flight attendants.
3. Also in Bridgerton, Daphne wore blue throughout the first season while the Duke always wore red. After they get engaged, they wear purple, a combination of their two colors.
4. In The Good Place‘s finale, Tahani becomes an architect, and Michael gives her the same bowtie he wears in the pilot.
5. On The Big Bang Theory, Penny wears the same shirt she wore in the first episode in the 100th episode and in the series finale.
6. When Susan and Mike get married on Desperate Housewives, Katherine shows up in a red dress at the wedding and wants to ruin it. Many people believe wearing red to a wedding is bad etiquette because it signifies either that you have slept with the groom in the past or are his mistress.
7. On Criminal Minds, Reid never wears a matching pair of socks because Matthew Gray Gubler thinks that matching socks are bad luck.
8. On the “Goodbye Michael” episode of The Office, Michael Scott walks through airport security while a long, red strand of yarn hangs from his pocket. It’s Phyllis’s unfinished mittens that she was working on for his going-away present.
9. In the Riverdale flashback episode, Archie wore an outfit identical to one Luke Perry (who played Archie’s father) wore on Beverly Hills, 90210.
10. After Beth Harmon becomes the world champion on The Queen’s Gambit, her final outfit is her dressed like a white queen chess piece, down to the hat.
11. Cheryl’s signature color on Riverdale is red, and whenever she wears an all-white dress, it’s because something big is about to happen with her
12. In Shameless, Fiona wore the same shirt in the first episode and her last episode.
13. In Season 3, Episode 8 of Stranger Things, Lucas and Max wear the same shirts as Donna and Eric from That ’70s Show.
14. In Supernatural, Sam and Dean wear the same outfits in the series finale as they do in the pilot.
15. In the first episode of Glee, the New Directions all wear red T-shirts during their first group number. In the last episode of Glee, everyone is wearing a red article of clothing during the last performance of the series.
16. In the Chuck series finale, Sarah returned to the Buy More in the same outfit she wore to the store in the pilot episode.
17. On Breaking Bad, ABQ residents briefly wear commemorative ribbons after the plane crash, but Saul wears his for a long time after indicating that he’s trying to convince victims to join a civil lawsuit.
18. In That ’70s Show‘s finale, Kitty wears the same outfit at her NYE party that she wore at her party in the first episode.
19. In The Queen’s Gambit, Beth often wears plaid or checks to reflect that chess is always on her mind.
20. On Jane the Virgin, every time Jane is going to be involved in a big, life-changing romantic event, she wears a yellow dress.
21. On The Haunting of Hill House, Olivia’s outfits change to reflect her growing madness and also come from the wardrobe of Poppy Hill, the ghost who haunts her.
22. The pink dress Alexis wears the first time we see her in Schitt’s Creek is the same dress she almost gifted to Twyla in the penultimate episode of the series.
23. In Episode 5 of The Wilds, Fatin wears clothes in flashbacks that the other girls are currently wearing on the island, because Fatin’s suitcase was the only one to wash up on shore.
24. In an episode of Gravity Falls, Tyler can’t decide between two shirts, and later on he’s seen wearing the shirts sewn together.
25. When Dwight becomes temporary manager on The Office, Andy starts wearing short-sleeved shirts, continuing his strategy of “personality mirroring” his bosses.
26. Throughout the first season of Euphoria, Jules slowly starts wearing darker, edgier, less feminine clothing, which reflects both her struggles and her dressing more for herself than for men.
27. In the Riverdale flashback episode that pays homage to The Breakfast Club, teenage Alice wears fingerless gloves like the ones Bender wore in the movie.
28. On the Season 2 premiere of Broad City, there are two women on the subway who are dressed exactly the way Ilana and Abbi were in a Season 1 episode.
29. In Season 2 of Derry Girls, after Clare comes out, the Derry girls all wear rainbow pins in support, and it’s never acknowledged by the characters.
30. And lastly, on Breaking Bad, during the “I am the one who knocks” scene, Walter removes his shirt, revealing a darker-red shirt underneath to symbolize the increase of darkness in his character.
Some of the submissions in this post have been sourced from Reddit.
What’s a smart wardrobe detail you noticed on a TV show? Let us know in the comments!
- How this Memphis mom helped her young son battle mental health issues
- WoW Dragonflight is the new lease on life World of Warcraft needs
- From FDR’s food stamps to Trump’s harvest boxes: The history of helpi…
- Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla UNO DLC is more than a cosmetic
- MotoGP 22 Review: Delving into the archives | Traxion.GG