Leaked Text Messages Expose Erich Schwer, Potential ‘Bachelorette’ Winner
“The Bachelorette” contestant Erich Schwer is currently the only remaining man for Gabby Windey, but he is making headlines before the reality television show comes to an end.
First, Schwer was facing backlash after a high school photo of Erich wearing dark makeup to make himself look like Jimi Hendrix resurfaced.
Now, one of Schwer’s ex-girlfriends is releasing text messages between her and the potential “Bachelorette” winner, exposing what looks like his true motives.
Erich Schwer Exposed By His Ex-Girlfriend
Erich Schwer took a leap of faith and declared his love for Windey, who after letting her two other remaining men go, also declared her love back. However, during part one of the season final, Windey and Schwer were having a serious talk when suddenly, he mentioned he isn’t sure he is ready for an engagement, but he wants to continue dating her after the show.
And now, Schwer’s ex-girlfriend is releasing text messages between her and who she claims is Schwer, exposing the 29-year-old real estate agent.
An Instagram account, @Bachelornation.scoop, got hold of the text messages showing conversations he had with her just before he left to film.
The woman, who is named Amanda and claims to be Schwer’s ex-girlfriend, said she believed the 29-year-old real-estate agent was her forever, but then it all changed when he told her that he had been cast on “The Bachelorette”.
The text messages show Schwer asking the woman to wait for him until he got back as he wanted to do the show for new career opportunities.
Most recently, Schwer texted Amanda again in July, to which he said “I am so sorry Amanda, what I did was terrible, I don’t expect you to ever forgive me. I just want you to know I think about you all the time and you really deserve the best. I won’t ever forgive myself I hope find happiness and everything you deserve.”
Schwer has not commented on the text messages, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Jesse Palmer asks Schwer about the text messages during the live finale on Tuesday.
Other Controversies Surrounding Erich Schwer
This is not the first controversy Erich Schwer is facing. Just last week, a high school photo of the potential “Bachelorette” winner resurfaced — one that shows him wearing dark makeup to make himself look like Jimi Hendrix.
The 29-year-old New Jersey has released an apology for his Halloween costume choice, explaining he thought it was a gesture showing love for the artist, but admits it showed ignorance.
“I was naïve to the hurtful implications of my actions to the Black community and those closest to me, and will forever regret my offensive and damaging behavior,” Schwer said in an Instagram post on Thursday. “I am deeply ashamed by my actions and understand that my apology is only the first step in taking accountability.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Erich Schwer (@erich_schwer)
Schwer’s Blackface controversy is not the first controversy involving race for the franchise. Two seasons ago, “Bachelor” contestant Rachel Kirkconnell was criticized online for attending an antebellum plantation-themed event in college. She later admitted she was wrong.
Chris Harrison, the longtime host of “The Bachelor” announced a few years ago that he would be “stepping aside for a period of time” after coming under fire for making comments that seemingly stood up for Kirkconnell and that were dismissive of racism. Jesse Palmer has taken Harrison’s place as host.
The season finale of “The Bachelorette” airs Tuesday, September 20. It won’t be surprising if Jesse Palmer asks Schwer about the text messages or the blackface controversy live on stage.