Alanis Morissette Scraps Tour of Australia and NewZealand
Alanis Morissette won’t be making the trip Down Under later this year.
The Canadian singer was scheduled to play arena shows across Australia and New Zealand this November, a 25th anniversary celebration of his classic album Jagged Little Pill.
On Wednesday (June 22), however, Live Nation, the promoter of those five rescheduled dates, announced the tour would be scrapped.
“My friends in Australia and New Zealand, I am crestfallen to announce that the upcoming Jagged Little Pill anniversary tour dates have been cancelled,” she explains in a message. “I love you all and will be back as soon as we can. Until then, big hug.”
After two years of near silence, the touring market in these parts has sprung back to life. Some promoters say there’s too much inventory on the way.
In a statement, Live Nation blames the Jagged Little Pill cancelation on “scheduling issues and to the unprecedented logistical challenges of global touring in 2022.” The concerts promoter and her management “feel it’s best to refund the ticket holders now and have all committed to rescheduling these dates at the earliest possible time.”
Julia Stone was booked to open for Morissette on the four-city run, which was intended to visit Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland.
The “Ironic” singer is currently on the road in the U.K., with North America dates due to kick off July 10 at Ottawa Bluesfest.
- Jackie Evancho Reveals Osteoporosis Struggle Following Anorexia Diagnosis: ‘I’m Still Struggling, But I’mFighting’ Jackie Evancho, 22, has revealed that she is in treatment to battle anorexia she's fought since her teen years.
- Amazon Is Giving Prime Members Free Grubhub for a Year: How to Redeem This ExclusiveDeal Amazon Prime members can receive a one-year free subscription to Grubhub+. See all the details here.
- UMG Can’t Quash ‘Republic’ Music Investment Platform, JudgeSays A judge refused to grant Republic Records owner Universal Music Group an injunction shutting down a music investment service called “Republic."
- Carlos Santana ‘Doing Well’ After Collapsing During MichiganConcert The guitar great reportedly collapsed onstage at Pine Knob Music Theatre, an outdoor amphitheater some 40 miles northwest of Detroit.
- Alan Menken to Receive Max Steiner Film Music Achievement Award at Hollywood in Vienna Gala inSeptember Alan Menken will be honored with the Max Steiner Film Music Achievement Award by the city of Vienna at Hollywood in Vienna in September.
- UMG Employee Says They Were Fired After Roe v. WadeEmail A Universal Music Group employee claims they were fired last week after "speaking in support of abortion rights" following the Supreme Courts decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.
- J-Hope Drops Spooky Teaser for ‘Jack in the Box’:Watch J-Hope unveiled an eerie new teaser for his upcoming debut solo album 'Jack in the Box' on Tuesday (July 5).
- Kid Cudi Announces Greatest Hits Album, Streaming Debut of 2008 Mixtape: ‘I Am So DamnExcited’ Kid Cudi said he'll finally release his 2008 'A Kid Named Cudi' mixtape to streaming later this month, along with a greatest hits collection.
- Metallica Is ‘Totally Blown Away’ by ‘Stranger Things’ Scene Featuring ‘Master ofPuppets’ Metallica reacted to "Master of Puppets" being featured in the 'Stranger Things' season four finale, saying they were "totally blown away."
- ENHYPEN Drops ‘Manifesto : Day 1’ Comeback Mini Album: Stream ItNow ENHYPEN's third mini album, "Manifesto : Day 1," has arrived. Listen to it here.
- Adele Has No Regrets About Postponing Her Las Vegas Residency: ‘I Stand by ThatDecision’ Adele is addressing the backlash over her last-minute decision to postpone her Las Vegas residency earlier this year.
- Drake Joins Backstreet Boys for ‘I Want It That Way’ at TorontoConcert Drake joined the Backstreet Boys for a duet of the boy band's 1999 hit song "I Want It That Way" in Toronto on July 2.
- R. Kelly Remains on Suicide Watch ‘For His Own Safety,’ FedsSay Federal authorities are pushing back on R. Kelly’s claims that he was placed on suicide watch as a form of punishment.
- 5 Uplifting Moments in Latin Music This Week (July2) From career milestones to major announcements and more, Billboard editors highlight the latest news buzz in Latin music every week.
- Here’s Why Day N Vegas 2022 WasCanceled Day N Vegas festival was canceled due to poor ticket sales, making the event financially unsustainable, according to sources.
- How R. Kelly’s Sentence Could Impact OtherTrials Here’s a look at the potential impact of Kelly’s lengthy prison term in New York on other cases.
- The Ledger: There’s Still Room for Consolidation in the FestivalMarket For all the the concert industry's consolidation, the festival business remains a diverse array of events operated by independent companies.
- Under New Grammy Fee Structure, Procrastinators Will Pay More for ‘ExcessEntries’ The Recording Academy released more details about its fee structure for “excess entries” in a memo to all voting members on Friday (July 1).
- Taraji P. Henson Opens 2022 BET Awards With a Celebration of ‘Black Excellence,’ Criticizes Overturn of Roe V.Wade Taraji P. Henson, the 2022 BET Awards host, opened by celebrating "Black excellence" and criticized the overturning of Roe v. Wade.
- Megan Thee Stallion Leads Crowd in ‘My Body, My Motherf—ing Choice’ Chant atGlastonbury Following the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Megan Thee Stallion slammed those decision-makers onstage at Glastonbury.
- Drake Achieves 11th No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ 'Honestly, Nevermind' is the superstar's 11th No. 1 album. Only four other acts have more than 10 No. 1s on the Billboard 200.
- Mana Shines in L.A. Residency With Nostalgic Run-Through of Their Timeless Rock-en-EspanolAnthems Mexican band Mana's residency at the Kia Forum continues with upcoming shows in July and September.
- Olivia Rodrigo Dedicates Lily Allen’s ‘F— You’ to the Supreme Court atGlastonbury Olivia Rodrigo and Lily Allen sang "F--- You" at Glastonbury, dedicating the song to the Supreme Court justices who overturned Roe v. Wade.
- Stephen Stills Sells Catalog to Irving Azoff’s Iconic Artists Group in ExpansiveDeal Stephen Stills, co-founder of Buffalo Springfield and CSN, sells controlling interest in his intellectual property to Iconic Artists Group
- How ODESZA Is Selling Out Their Most Ambitious Concert TourYet ODESZA hopes its new live show will deliver its hard-to-describe dance tunes — including new album 'The Last Goodbye' — to the masses.
- BTS Planning Global Busan Concert to Bring the World Expo to South Korea in2030 BTS will hold a concert in Busan, South Korea, in an effort to bring the World Expo 2030 to their home country.
- Maná Returns to Latin Airplay Top 10 Thanks to ‘Te Lloré Un Río,’ With ChristianNodal The new version of the song returns the group to the chart's upper tier for the first time in over five years.
- Offset Goes Down Water Slide With Kulture in AdorableVideo Offset and Kulture had some fun in the sun at a waterpark.
- George Ezra Completes U.K. Chart Hattrick With ‘Gold RushKid’ George Ezra bumps Harry Styles from the top of the leaderboard.
- Beyonce Comes Up Short at 2022 Daytime Creative Arts & Lifestyle EmmyAwards The 2022 Daytime Creative Arts & Lifestyle Emmy Awards were presented on June 18. Here are highlights in music categories.
- Little Mix’s Perrie Edwards Engaged to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Perrie Edwards and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are engaged to be married.
- Bill Cosby Civil Trial Jury Must Start DeliberationsOver Jurors in a civil trial who were deciding on sexual abuse allegations against Bill Cosby will have to start from scratch.
- Jennifer Lopez Takes the Stage at L.A. Dodgers Foundation Gala, Helping to Raise $3.6Million The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation celebrated its sixth Blue Diamond Gala on June 16, with a headlining set from Jennifer Lopez.
- Doja Cat Raps Nicki Minaj From Hospital Bed After TonsilSurgery Doja Cat shared photos and video of her rapping a Nicki Minaj song, seemingly in the hospital after her tonsil surgery.
- Black Eyed Peas Drop Intergalactic ‘Don’t You Worry’ Single & Video With Shakira, David Guetta:Watch The Black Eyed Peas released a new single and video for "Don't You Worry" with Shakira and David Guetta.
- Jonas Brothers, Irving Azoff & More Selected for Hollywood Walk of Fame Class of 2023 (FullList) Here' s a full list of notables who will receive stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2023. Half of the 24 honorees come from music.
- Charlie Puth And BTS’ Jungkook Have Cut a Collaboration ‘Left andRight’ If the song accumulates 500,000 pre-saves, Puth promises to release it in full next Friday (June 24).
- BTS Blasts to No. 1 In Australia With‘Proof’ Just days after announcing an indefinite split, BTS bows at No. 1 in Australia with "Proof."
- Every Song Ranked on Drake’s ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ Album: Critic’sPicks The 6 God returned to surprise fans with the release of his 'Honestly, Nevermind' album. Billboard ranks every track from the project.
- Paul McCartney Joined on Stage by Bruce Springsteen, Jon Bon Jovi as U.S. TourWraps Late in the set, Springsteen took the mic for a performance of his ‘80s hit “Glory Days” and the Beatles’ “I Wanna Be Your Man.”
- Here’s Why Anitta Peed on a Stranger’s Arm Anitta shares during a visit to 'The Kelly Clarkson Show' why she had to pee on a stranger's arm after one of her shows. See what she said.
- 217-pound turtle dragged 2 fishing rods, 10 hooks, part of tire, Florida rescuers say The debris was tangled around one of her flippers. The post 217-pound turtle dragged 2 fishing rods, 10 hooks, part of tire, Florida rescuers say appeared first on TrendRadars.
- Jury finds man guilty of murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle LOS ANGELES — Jurors found a 32-year-old man guilty of first-degree murder Wednesday for the 2019 fatal shooting of rapper Nipsey Hussle. The post Jury finds man guilty of murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle appeared first on TrendRadars.
- Desi Mom Clears Class 10 Exams After 37 Years, Proud Son Shares the Inspirational Story 'Have always been very proud of my mother and now this would always imprint a lesson in my mind, never stop learning, even if has to take an age of 53 to pass the SSC,' Prasad Jambhale wrote in a LinkedIn post. The post Desi Mom Clears Class 10 Exams
- Long-lost iPhone clownfish return in iOS 16 beta 3 Long-lost iPhone clownfish return in iOS 16 beta 3 When Apple first showed off the original iPhone in early 2007, the demo included a Lock Screen image of a pair of clownfish. The pic was not on the device when it shipped, but some people say the pi
- Reality TV Star Jasmine Burkitt Dead at 28 Reality TV star Jasmine Burkitt has died. Burkitt, who appeared in the BBC Three documentary series Small Teen Big World and Small Teen Bigger World, passed away on June 27 'after a life long battle with a very serious mental illness.' She was 28.Bur
- Exploring the magic of Taiwan’s ‘Spirited Away’ city A photographer tells us about returning to the enchanted city of Jiufen, perched on a mountain overlooking the sea. The post Exploring the magic of Taiwan’s ‘Spirited Away’ city first appeared on Science Radars.
- 27 Unpopular “Stranger Things” Takes That Are Hotter Than Hopper’s Flamethrower The last submission on this list sends a shiver up my spine.
- Amazon Studios Lands Hot Will Ferrell-Reese Witherspoon Wedding Comedy, Nick Stoller to Direct (Exclusive) Reese Witherspoon and Will Ferrell are set to star in an Amazon Studios wedding comedy from writer-director Nick Stoller.
- Disputed Michael Jackson Songs, Which Fans Claim Were Sung by a Different Vocalist, Removed From Streaming Services Songs from a posthumous Michael Jackson album that fans insist were sung by a different vocalist have been removed from streaming services.
- Adele Admits: ‘I Didn’t Know Who I Was, What Day It Was’ Adele is opening up about who led to her decision to be out and about, and it's none other than her boyfriend Rich Paul.
- George Clooney’s ‘Batman & Robin’ Nipple Suit Hits Auction with $40,000 Starting Bid Collectors can soon bid on George Clooney's infamous "Batman & Robin" suit during Heritage's Hollywood & Entertainment Signature Auction.
- Carmen Electra Praises OnlyFans Platform; She’s Her ‘Own Visionary’ Carmen Electra loves OnlyFans so much! The 50-year-old sang the adult platform's praises after becoming an OF Creator in May.
- How Hughie & Butcher Can Survive Their Supe Death Sentence Starlight's discovery of V-24's side effects hints that Hughie and Butcher's fate is already sealed. But there is still a way they can survive.
- Toronto Film Festival to World Premiere Clement Virgo’s ‘Brother’ The mystery drama stars Lamar Johnson and Aaron Pierre and will bow at TIFF's 47th edition.
- Apple’s Huey P. Newton Series ‘Big Cigar’ Casts P.J. Byrne as Steve Blauner (EXCLUSIVE) Apple's upcoming limited series "The Big Cigar" has cast P.J. Byrne in a series regular role, Variety has learned exclusively.
- ‘America’ Review: Unspoken Desire and Trauma Ripple the Surface of a Colorful, Affecting Israeli Melodrama Israeli director Ofir Raul Graizer follows up 'The Cakemaker' with 'America,' another blend of sentimental contrivance and honest feeling.